NSW Premier the Hon. Gladys Berejiklian MP commended community volunteers from across the Hunter at an Awards Ceremony in Raymond Terrace on Friday 1st June.
Recipients were presented Certificates of Commendation by the Premier in recognition of a wide range of community services, ranging from emergency rescue, fundraising, drug and alcohol support and educational providers.
Certificates were presented to:
- Glen Ramplin – Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service
- Port Stephens Community Drug Action Team
- Tomaree Breast Cancer Support Group
- Helen Ryan – Rotary
- Alesco Senior College
- Annual Hunter Breast Care Fundraiser
- Marine Rescue Port Stephens
- Alan Earle – Seaham Knitting Circle ANZAC Memorial event
- Dianne Bell – Wahroonga Corporation
- Charlie Elias – Tomaree Youth Community Action
- Kearsley Community Dawn Service Committee
- Community Transport Port Stephens
- Port Stephens Graffiti Action Team
Mr MacDonald thanked the attendees for all the work they did in and around the Hunter, and the Premier for attending to recognise their efforts personally.
“These individuals and groups have given countless hours to the Port Stephens and Hunter community across a range of services, and I commend them for their advocacy and involvement,” Mr MacDonald said.
“I thank the Premier for supporting the Port Stephens community and acknowledging these outstanding people.”