Maitland Hospital is one step closer to reality with Multiplex Constructions appointed to construct the $470 million new Maitland Hospital delivered by the NSW Liberal National Government.
“With the contractor in place, we can now look forward to construction commencing early next year,” Parliamentary Secretary for the Hunter Scot MacDonald MLC said.
“The new Maitland Hospital will be almost twice the size of the existing hospital, delivering on the NSW Government’s commitment to improve regional access to quality health care.”
Multiplex Constructions will work with CBRE Project Managers, Hunter New England Local Health District and Health Infrastructure to build the new hospital.
The new Maitland Hospital is being built on a greenfield site in Metford. When complete, the hospital will deliver expanded services and facilities, including
- Emergency services
- Medical, surgical, paediatric and maternity services
- Critical care services for adults and babies, including a special care nursery
- Operating theatres, delivery suites and assessment rooms
- Palliative care and rehabilitation services
- Mental health services
- Satellite renal dialysis
- A new chemotherapy service
- Expanded oral health service
- A range of ambulatory care and outpatient clinics
Staff, patients and the community have been involved in designing the building to ensure the space reflects the needs of the community now and well into the future.
Main works will commence in early 2019, with the hospital expected to open in 2022. For more information on the project, visit http://www.hnehealth.nsw.gov.au/about/Pages/New-Maitland-Hospital.aspx